Thursday, March 14, 2013

Tunes on The Road


I've decided to make this trip more interesting. And so I bought Luna and will also be taking Shutter with me. What does these all mean?

Luna will be my bestfriend on the road. The one i'll caress as I run my fingers on the fretboard and write new tunes on the road. Music will always be a part of me, that's what I've learned the past few months. And so, I bought Luna...my travellin' gat (guitar). :)

It took me a few weeks before I finally decided to buy one. Maton was my first choice (saw it down in Wellington). But the price didn't justify my desire to get one. If I were to take a gat with me on the road, I'd rather it be a small cheap one in case I get it smashed somewhere.

I bought Luna for a really cheap price. When I saw it from Al (from Rockshop), I knew that was the one. It had character.... coz it had a smash on the side.... from stories of its own travels on the road too. Small guitars dont usually have good booming bass due to the size. But it can sometimes vary depending on the wood. Luna was fine.

So my target is to check out an open mic (if existing) in each town I go to. I told myself this would be give me the chance to meet different musicians around the world and even try to play different genres. Through the years, I've found that collaborating with musos opens up a wide range of tunes that you don't normally play, thus, giving you an opportunity to experiment.

So, yeah, this nomad is up for writing new tunes on the road. :) watch that space :)


No comments:

Post a Comment