Friday, March 8, 2013

Packin' up (1st stage)


So yesterday was a whole day of reorganizing the bedroom and making sure my remaining belongings wouldn't be in the way.

I started throwing out clothes out of my old bags, figuring out what i wanted to carry with me.

Pack light. that's the goal.

I started forcing my sleeping bag in my 60L backpack. then my snow pants. I wasn't really sure at first though if it was practical weight-wise to take that snow pants with me. But I figured Alaska would still be deep in snow and going around in jeans and another layer would be a stupid idea. So yeah, scrap the weight on the shoulder and just pack it up.

I decided to take several layers of Merino with me. Stuff I would use in Canada, Alaska and Tibet. However, i'll be in Europe summer, so my packing was supposed to be a combination of the seasons. Goodluck. it was all singlets, a few blouses and shorts. That was it. I prioritized my cargo/trekking pants over the desire to take another pair of jeans.

Definitely a lot of carabinas to hook stuff on, my light jacket, fleece, socks and undies. Yeah, i can't go without my knives, emergency blanket and fire starter. Some essentials in case I get to the wilderness.

i know i'll still repack.... hmm i haven't considered weight of shower stuff. hmmm plus tying up the camera stand.

maybe i should start doing muscle building exercise... eeek.

I am doomed with the weight. oh and....im carrying a travel guitar too. Luna.

Goodluck to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment