Monday, March 4, 2013

Back on the Road


February 26, 2013.

I woke up that morning still stressed. My flat was still a mess and I had to hand over the keys to my landlord at 9 AM. 3 hours away.

It took me a while to force myself out of the sleeping bag. Yes, you read it right. Sleeping bag on an airbed. I sold my bed a week ago.

It's always the last minute packing and shoving that makes the volume seem to be bigger than estimated. Shove it, was my main goal...until you need to force the bag to zip up, and until the boxes' lids were popping out.

I didn't bother to call my friend to carry the boxes. With enough adrenaline that morning, I was able to load all the remaining stuff to my car. When everything was fitted in, I stood there for a while and said to myself "geez, you still haven't streamlined". yeah. oh well.

It was a quick handover. Mr.P was very busy with his numerous clients, so he just scanned the flat as fast as he can, impressed by the state it was in, and finally got the keys from me and said he would sort out the bund refund. Happy chappy we were to be.

I said goodbye to Aaron, who lived upstairs from me. His partner Fi was still at work, so I just asked him to extend my farewell to her.

Highway 1, north bound wasn't that busy. I sent a text to a few people that I was back on the road again, thanking them for being part of my W experience.

Passed by the academy and had a quick coffee with Mr.B, getting updated with the latest goz. Nothing new apparently.

The sun was glaring and I had to put some sunscreen. The ocean was glistening from the sun's rays...it was a beautiful day to be on a road trip.

That was it. The end of another chapter. I was leaving another Pit Stop.

Back on the Road, I felt free.

No comments:

Post a Comment