Saturday, March 16, 2013

An Evening of News & Confusion


It's happening again. Every time my birthday is approaching, life changing news items arrives.

I checked my email last night and received the good news that my Canada working holiday visa has finally been approved until March 14, 2014. Just 6 days before my departure. Whew!

But then, another email came through, requesting me to change my flight itinerary and perhaps book Europe first before Canada. Note. this has been my dream company for ages. i've applied but been so many times rejected.

Ok...that's when I had a memory flashback.

7 years ago I was, sort of, in the same scenario. I was offered a job in New Zealand and at the same time my work visa (H1B) for the U.S. was approved. It was then that I had to make a huge decision... and that was a month before my birthday.

Here I am now.

This is my trip of a lifetime..which I can still do anyway, but just needs tweaking...
and....this is also my dream company...which i'm not sure if i'll be given the same opportunity again.

I dont know. I need something solid...a job offer in writing...and also a work visa.... that's the time i'll rebook my flights....

<sigh>

if you were me?

No comments:

Post a Comment