Monday, March 25, 2013

Explorin' & takin' night shots

I think it's been our body clock, that's what I noticed. Gitta and I would usually wake up around 10-ish am. Yeah, I know. But hey, we're on vacation.... chill... no stress.... :)

Gitta asked if she could join me for the day's activities and was happy when I said it was okay. We geared up for the day and had breakfast, first stop. She's a very bubbly girl with a positive aura. But what I liked was she also knew how to listen too. We shared stories over breakfast, which we actually had around 12:30 pm. Just the same the day before. It seemed to be a routine now :)

We headed to Chinatown, East Hastings side. Apparently, the unsafe neighborhood. Well, we were in a mission. To visit Jimi Hendrix Shrine. Along Union St., near Main St. there it stood. But to our dismay, it was only open in Summer. Boo!

Gitts (as I then decided to call her) decided to join me up Queen Elizabeth Park, the place which Blake recommended for a view of Vancouver at night.

It was still around 4-ish, so we decided to stroll along Main Street and have a lazy afternoon while waiting for the sun to go down. Gitts found a clothing shop with a few items she had her eyes on. We ended up going back and her smiling after purchasing 2 tops.

Queen Elizabeth Park was situated further north of King Edward Avenue. It wasn't really a smart idea not to check out the map. We found ourselves walking through the adjacent golf course and going over 2 fences, with some golfies looking at us wondering what we silly girls were up to.

We walked around the park and found the way up the top. At first we were disappointed with the views and said we'd made sure to complain it to Blake. Gitts was really patient with me despite the cold.

We were about to leave the park when I saw a restaurant in the corner and asked if we could just checked out that area where a statue pointing out to something looked interesting. To our amazement, there was the vantage point. Eureka! :)

I set up my tripod and stood there choosing the right combination of aperture and shutter settings. The cold was getting to us already so Gitts and I jogged in circles.. giggling. Another guy (with his girlfriend) had his tripod setup, apparently he was taking a time lapse photo. cool!

After some time we decided to go down and head home. The cold was just biting. We were laughing our frozen butts out coz we thought of hitch hiking down the park. But nope ... that wasn't successful at all! We looked like 2 silly racoons in the park running down. We found the bus heading to downtown and kept warm while people watching. :)

Good times!



No comments:

Post a Comment