Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The WHAT's

I now sit at Waves Coffee at the corner of Richards St. and W Hastings. It's just a block away from my hostel. I found St. Clare's to be really convenient despite the basic type of accommodation it offers.

I was smiling this morning, trying to remember things I've observed around and what I've been doin' wrong.

What I've been doin' -
  • When crossing the street, I still look to my right. Of course I got honked at. Duh. All I can do is smile
  • I almost crossed on a diagonal direction. That just happened to me this morning. It was hilarious when I realized. I told myself, "hellow Jowe you're not in Auckland!"
  • I've been saying "beanie", actually termed to be "tuque"  here
  • I always say "take away", when it's supposed to be "Take out"
  • I say flat white...... doesn't seem to exist as much here
  • I always forget food servings are massive!
  • I always forget to give the correct amount of tips

What I've noticed - 
  • People also say Thank you to the driver when getting off the bus (so good to know)
  • There's a big population of skateboarders here
  • Wifi seems to be free everywhere...near cafes..and you don't need to buy anything to get it on your radar
  • Cars sometime get impatient when turning, even though they're supposed to wait for the pedestrians to cross. 
  • People are friendly, smiling, approachable, helpful and nice :)
  • Transportation here is very good. almost everything is accessible
  • Starbucks seems to be everywhere!!! it's driving me crazy!
I'll update this as I go

No comments:

Post a Comment