Thursday, March 21, 2013

Packed up & All Set


how do i Feel now? Mixed emotions. Excited, nervous, sleepy but couldn't get a shut eye, worried I might have forgotten something and so on.

I finished packing up my bags at 10:30 pm. It's funny how I still find comfort when family double checks how I organize my stuff, hearing their comments  like "Do you really need that???" then rolling of the eyes. We always end up giggling.

I'll be carrying the big 60L Terra (now weighing 15kg) + day pack (7 kg) and my Luna guitar. My sis asked me to carry everything and see if the weight was okay. After her taking a few photos & giggling because of how i looked... I felt like my shoulders would fall off. again, goodluck to me. haha.

Is it sinking in? Sort of. It's crazy to think of it this way. Today I'm in Auckland, New Zealand, Southern Hemisphere, Summer........    Later, I'll be walking the streets of my first stop, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, Northern Hemisphere, End of Winter (I think).....

I'll digest everything. I will Allow my tongue to taste everything local, focus my eyes to see day and night, expose my skin to the different climates......... I'll soak it all in as much as I can. To experience, learn and take with you such powerful memories will always be the culmination of one's travel.

I ask of you my friend, all the best wishes you can give and all the prayers you can whisper... as I embark on this journey.

Till my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment