Monday, March 25, 2013

Friday Night out in Vancouver

A Friday night out I would think is always the same anywhere you go. Streets filled up with girls in their killer shoes and bling, filling the air with their lovely scents, and of course the guys all geared up to charm the girls.

Vancouver Block along Granville Street
I was rushing my way back to the hostel coz I promised Gitta I'd be back to get ready for a friday night out. I didn't realize the walk back from English Bay would take me so long. That's how I noticed the people and their get ups. It was already happening along Granville Street as early as 7 in the evening.

I followed where I can see the building with a clock on top. All I knew was the hostel was just close by, then I'd recognize the streets. I got back to the hostel and found Gitta in our room. Maki, from Japan, arrived earlier and was here just for a night before heading off to Banff. We all decided to go out for the night and check out a place called The Libra Room in Commercial Drive. We had the goal of looking for a place with an open mic, and was suggested to check out this place.

Shelby, Ben, me, Maki, Gitta
Whilst prepping up around 9, a knock on the door got us welcoming a couple from Seattle, by the name of Ben and Shelby. Apparently they just arrived and was visiting Vancouver only for the weekend. We all decided were going to have a friday night out together in Vancouver.

The Libra Room
Libra Room was definitely happening. So much that we just had drinks while waiting for 45 minutes. We ended up leaving the place, after listening to the band. (Later on, based on research, I realized their open mics were just on Monday nights).

Maki and the couple decided to head back. Gitta and I, who were so famished, decided to stay and look for a place to eat coz we haven't had anything for dinner yet. We found a place along Commercial Drive and stayed their until almost 1 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment