Monday, March 4, 2013

The Last Day


February 15, 2013. That was the last day.

I stared at the monitor the whole day. No tasks at hand. There was no point for me to ask for one anyway. So I read through the organizations website, until I couldn't help but go down to the hall and play some tunes on the piano.

There was something in the air that day. Mixed emotions. The hallway was empty, the new recruits were all in their lecture rooms.

I approached the piano. My escape. My bestmate. It knew all of my woes during my 5-month stay in that city. I finished composing an instrumental piece...not really sure what title to give it though.

I knew I'll miss that place despite the challenges. I just knew.

But people move on. and at the end of the day, watch out for yourself...always.

Mr.B and I had our last ice cream together. It melted away before we could lick it all up, the sun was intense.

I shutdown my machine and said my quick goodbyes. Mr.B and I went down the exit and wished each other the best. For some reason I feel I'll still see him again, somewhere, sometime.

I drove my way out of the campus and sighed.

Highway 1 wasn't busy yet, I took off early that Friday.

That was my last day at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment