Friday, March 29, 2013

Sleepless in Seattle

Yes, literally sleepless in Seattle.

We arrived with a full moon looming over Seattle. The lights of the airport woke me up and Robert dropped us off. He whispered to me the best area where I can sleep in the airport..... there beside the wall of the International Carousel #1. So guys, if you do come here and decide to sleepover at the airport, then that's the place to be.

Of course, I couldn't help but take a photo of the area I slept in, there, with the "comfort" of no arms, instead tiny bars in the middle that ached at the back.

Cheryl was still playing ball with Lila when I said goodnight. It was 1:30 am and I needed a shut eye or else I might sleep in and find people staring at me as they collect their bags. yeah i know, a hilarious thought to imagine.

I woke up with and found Cheryl left already. Her flight was 6 am, so she had to get to check-in by 5. I wasn't sure if she had a shut eye at all. It's amazing how so many people over here take their dogs with them in their flights.

I slowly packed my sleeping bag and found my way to the loo, decided to hire a cart ($5 USD, crazy!). My back was hurting so I thought, it was about time I should hire one before my back folds out on me.

I bought me some small soup for breakfast then wrote the rest of my backlog of blogs. Then found  myself a few chairs to continue my slumber whilst waiting for my check-in. That was 9:30 am and I was already feeling dizzy.

At around 12, I woke up and decided to check if Alaska Air was available already.
I was surprised when they charged me $20 for my checkin luggage. sigh. oh well.

I went through the bag check point and was amazed by how the seattle airport was designed with the food stalls around and cute lamp posts with hanging plants added up to the lively ambiance, then of course with the views of the airplanes. Lovely. I think i'll like Seattle :)

I found myself a rocking chair by the window with the view. I found the airport was starting this program where musicians were given the opportunity to perform and sell their materials in the different corners. A-W-E-S-O-M-E! :)

There were 2 musicians who played but the main one was Alice. She's been a musician since she was a teenager. Her tunes were more of bluesy, jazzy with a little bit of a mix of country. It was lovely watching her
and how passionate she was despite her age. She was so cute wearing this black tight jeans and red sneakers. groovy! And it's amazing how she could still be doing this. Her assistant was giving away some materials to read on about Alice's background. She actually does have a band she performs with when they're booked for big gigs :)

I lingered for a few more minutes while finishing lunch, as she told tales of the people she's met along the way. <sigh> travel.

I moved on and explored more of the airport then I decided to sit somewhere close by to Gate C9 where I was to board my flight. After all of the music I've been listening to, I decided to take out my guitar and start writing some tunes. Across my isle was a lady by the name of Shay, who lives south of Anchorage. Apparently she love songwriting too. I played some tunes and she harmonized with me. With the planes flying by the window, there we were doing some music. :) Apparently she's into the type of Hillsong music.

After chatting for some time,  I realized Alaska Air was paging for me. I was the last passenger NOT on board. hahahah. DUH!...

Run Jowe..Run...

And so there it goes.... dizzy with a sleepless night in Seattle, I was bound for Alaska.

On the plane, yet again, another musician I wasn't able to get his name. Played percussions, and was travellin' with his djembe. But his main instrument is the cajon. C-O-O-L!!!

I snoozed on the way...too sleepy


No comments:

Post a Comment