Thursday, March 7, 2013

Corner shop


It's been a while since I've visited that dairy shop at the corner of Meadowbank (St.Johns Road).

The guy smiled, he's been the owner since I've moved to New Zealand. I first met him back in March 2006.

I always find myself passing by that corner from time to time. It reminded me of humble beginnings when it was just me and my sister. Cold winters walking to the bus stop. Running after the grocery stroller (losing a wheel)... we still didn't have a car back then. We were happy in that small 1-bedroom apartment in a culdesac near Gowing drive. Cruickshank. 10. if my memory serves me right. Chinese couple who were living above writing us love letters of complaints... about our giggling.... yeah. I felt sorry for him, but we were still giggling.

Never forget roots. Never forget where you've started. It's when you look back that you realize how far you've made it and how matured you've become.

Not sure if I have matured with all of these moving though.


2 comments:

  1. I'm reading your blog, Jowe. Just to let you know. And I'll be waiting for new posts.

    I love this "corner shops".. and from time to time really want to pass by.
    Need to go to Ukraine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Xenia :) and always feel free to comment and send a message too :)

      Delete