Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Home Base


March 2,  2013. I made it to home base. Auckland.

It was nice seeing my sister and brother in law again. I wonder if they ever get tired of this scene - me with my car filled with stuff - moving in, moving out.. just plain "moving".

I was too exhausted to unload. The past few days were all filled with packing, sorting, boxing, loading. I know this last move really had me thinking. Get it over with , do my 1 year on the road travels, and come back with a mind set of settling down and gettin' grounded <- for a change, boy or no boy. whatever. I just think I've reached my life where "staying" was more enticing than having the vagabond lifestyle. Or maybe I'm just saying this coz I'm drained. who knows.

It's a good feeling to know that there's a base, a place you call home, surrounded with family and friends who you know would always be your solid foundation of support.

A place can be beautiful in itself, but I found through my travels that it's the people who you have as company that really makes it special.

No comments:

Post a Comment