Thursday, April 4, 2013

You're my Drug

I remember that cheesy line "You're my personal drug" in the movie Twilight. But hey, when I first heard it all I could say was "Awwwwww" how I'd wish someone would say something similar to me.... eek, jowe hopeless romantic..SHUT UP!

ok....so , why the title.

I'm back on my fave drug.....Prednisone. The only drug that works for me when I've got acute asthma attacks. HA! how sweet can that be? For those who don't know, Prednisone is a steriod that is usually administered for acute asthma and allergy attacks. I hate it... but it works wonders. I need to admit and succumb to the power.

And so on the 3rd of April 2013, I rushed myself to Fairbanks Memorial Hospital. Last night was the worse and  I woke up with chest pains and terrible headaches... those symptoms tells me I'm congested and the oxygen flow wasn't right anymore. Hmm.. I've got history of Chronic Sinusitis and Asthma. sigh.

I'd say the people in the hospital weren't friendly at all except for the Doctor. But I guess some hospitals can be like that.

I had to stay for a while and get breathing medication, Salbutamol ... and the top it up... a high dosage of steroids. And i'll be on the drug till I leave Alaska. woot woot! I'm a superwoman!

i know for a fact, based on my past, that when taking this, I usually feel like I can hike up any mountain and walk for miles. not bad aye?

The last time I had to do this was after going down Machu Picchu, Peru..... the doctor gave me steroid injections. That gave me enough "strength" for 2 months. Not bad again.

If there's one thing I've learned in the past, listen to your body. As I write this, the headaches are still intense and most especially when I cough. Dont get me wrong, I can still laugh, talk, walk....the steroids are kicking in for sure... breathing back to normal.....

When you're on the road, always look out for your health.... ALWAYS....that's a must.

So what did i get to keep? A hospital tag from Fairbanks, Alaska...neat remembrance hahha! Hey, need to look at the positive things in life.....

as long as you're living...... Love every breathe of it.. <literally> :) that's one from an asthmatic hahaha

So I'm now booked in at Billie's Backpackers.... cute place.

I left Linds place, also not wanting her to be worrying and taking care of me. Good thing she understood that I just wanted to be by myself....but I did give her updates so she doesn't get worried.

I'll make a pass on tonight's open mic...not strong enough yet...

Yeap, another adventure in this nomad's life... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment