Saturday, April 13, 2013

One of Them Days

I call it just one of them days, when "ms.grumpy" takes the best of me and the call of the booze seems to entice me so much (and the girls in the Vancouver hostel are pullin' me out of my bed) but its takin me all of my strength not to give in....

I'm currently finding comfort under the sheets, hugging my pillow. I'm not sure if I'm homesick at the mo... or if it's just that I'm dead tired... well, yeah physically, with the weight I've carried with me considering the number of blocks I've walked in Seattle....I'd say dead tired is an understatement.

It's been bugging me lately.... that question.."So, what's next?"

when you live off a backpack it can get to the point where you just want to stay put somewhere, say even for a month...

where is home now whilst im on the road for a year?

and even questions of "where you from" "how long are you here for" blah blah.. is something I just dodge from lately and get to ignore.... i dont even answer it anymore. tired of it.

could it be i'm getting old....?

<sigh>

just lookin' forward to the mountains soon.....

tired. needin' some good company right now where the comfortable silence and presence is somethin' I can gain energy from......

I arrived in Vancouver and got drenched in the rain... and now the noise of the hostel with young people getting drunk and buzzled with hard rock music fills the air...

Slumber..... embrace me

2 comments:

  1. I found that getting a room to myself from time to time helped a lot! That'll be easier for you to do when you get to cheaper places.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Misty. yeah, i might be do that at some point...

      Delete