Thursday, April 4, 2013

Hmmmm....

this will be a quick blurb coz I just can't contain it.

okay, so I've met 2 guys (from South Africa), and they just got back from hiking the Brook Range. I was so MEGA jealous of what they did but health wise I knew I wouldn't make it!

and yes, another guy i just spoke with a few seconds ago, is going up the North Coast of Alaska, only accessible by plane, and will be hiking for 2 weeks...

I asked, "And you're going camping?"
he answered, "Yes, there are no accommodations along the way" <with a look -- interpreted as DUH!>
and I asked "But what about wildlife?"
he answered, "that's why we have a rifle"

okay so at that point..my eyes rolled. This is the typical "into the wild" stories.

and so, we got to chat. His name is Hans and this is his website http://www.hansgoger.com/frame_oben.htm
W-O-W! He's from Austria and he's into mountaineering....... FULL ON!
so he'll give me some tips later on Tibet. We browsed his website and I asked him to translate it for me...before he drinks his alcohol.

Another friend of his is Uwe, from Germany, and also into the mountaineering stuff. I saw a photo of them in Patagonia. amazing!

so many stories..... woot! this is what I love about travel!

No comments:

Post a Comment