Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Chicharon and Bob

Who would have known that I'd be eating Chicharon in Alaska. hehehe

OoooOooh yeah!!! :)

Chicharon is what the Westeners would call Pork Cracklings. And that's something that we Filipinos eat...a lot!

I was walking along Aurora Blvd on my second day, thinking of walking to Philipps Road where the Ice Art was. I was freezing so I decided to stop by the sign where it said "Asian General Store". And that's where I met Bob.

Bob was also one of those stories who just moved to Alaska "so many" years ago. He started as a pilot, showing people around. We got into the discussion of what flap settings they would usually use here in Alaska. So he said 15-20 for take off, to give you enough lift. And full flap down when landing, to give you enough drag.

He's wife, is apparently from the Philippines, and was on vacation when that week. And so, he was wearing this jacket, Alaskan-Filipino Assoc. The shop was filled with Filipino delicacies and stuff. Woweee! But I just bought me some payless, chicharon and a can of tuna. I didn't want to be carrying too much stuff in my backpack. The camera alone was heavy enough for my back.


No comments:

Post a Comment