Sunday, September 29, 2013

The story behind me heading to Edinburgh

Scotland has always been in my list of countries to go to in Europe. Even way back when Beth and I backpacked around England, we've always wanted to get to LochNess and explore the cities as well. That never happened. Thus, me adding it to my list on this 1 year of travels. 

So the initial plan last June was to start my Europe trip by taking a train from London to Edinburgh. I tried booking that the night before Alf and I left for Morocco. But for some reason, the website wasn't working and they couldn't process my credit card details. After several trials, I told myself, that's it. I took it as a sign to leave it for a while and decide again once I got back from Morocco. 

Now the thing was, after Morocco and staying over for 2 nights at Alf's place, I had to go to Eastbourne and visit Mum in East Sussex. I didn't bother getting on the net again to check train trips to Edinburgh. From Eastbourne I decided to take the ferry from Dover, cross the English channel, and get to Calais, France. From there, catch the train to Brugge, Belgium. So that's what happened. Scotland eventually fell off the list. 

But then, when I looked for the cheapest flight out of Mallorca, Edinburgh came up again. So, I took that yet as another sign, maybe that was the perfect time for me to be in Scotland. 

So there you go, that was the story behind me suddenly having Scotland back in the picture. But you know, it's not always that everything happens for a reason.

I've not established from my traveling that whatever happens, or how screwed up things can be or vice versa, everything still works out in the end :) It always DOES! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment