Thursday, September 5, 2013

Would you Stay

What's with the word "Stay"? Years ago I always told myself I'd settle in a place/country if I find Mr.Right there. Some of my friends told me that shouldn't be the case all the time. "Home" should always be found in your heart regardless if you have a partner or not. 

Through the course of my travels, there were some realizations. Yes, that statement can be true if I choose it to be. For happiness is a state of mind, it's the decision to accept where you are and be one with what's around you, contented..... knowing that it's the place to be.

Also, years ago I always had this dream that I'd meet someone and find true love and then he'd say "Would you stay?"... and yeah, okay..... slow motion movement... like the movies...eeek. okay, STOP right there.

Reality of the matter is at the end of the day, its only you who can decide where your STOP would be. Catching up with my friend last night made me also evaluate a few things. you only STOP for someone if you know it's "real" and "genuine".. else, don't settle for anything else. 

Then again, happiness couldn't be found in anyone/anywhere else...but within. A certain peace of mind can be achieved. It's hard to look at things from a different perspective when you've lived with a certain mind set. Yet, I find that life is too short sometimes....to grasp everything that it can offer. All you can do is to live it to the fullest, embrace the experience, move on with more wisdom (or maybe not). 

It wasn't part of the plan that I extend for another 2 weeks here in the UK, but circumstances had to push it to that point in time. Yeah, I can blame it on my lack of preparation. But then again, maybe it's happening for a reason. Who Knows? Well, whatever the universe has in store for me... I'm going to welcome it with arms wide open.

Would I stay longer? Not sure. Uncertainty can sometimes be exciting until a good opportunity presents itself. And if it's bad, maybe I'm supposed to learn from that experience.

Let's see.... :) All i know is, something big and good is about to happen. And i'll hold on to that feeling....

No comments:

Post a Comment