Tuesday, September 10, 2013

My last day in Greece

I woke up the following morning with Phoebe and Felix gone already. Hannah and Adele were just sorting out a few last minute stuff before heading off to Thessaloniki. 

I had my shower and started packing up. I was able to catch Dimitris in his office and asked if I could leave my bags for a while coz I had to go around town and buy a few things before I left. 

One of the things that annoyed me was my damaged adaptor. The only one that I had with me since I left NZ. I wasn’t sure if I’d be able to get a similar one in Greece, let alone Trikala. But Dimitris pointed me to an electronic shop, so I was hoping they had one I could use around Europe. 

Photo by Adele (Me, Hannah & Adele at Thessaloniki)
The shop was just a few blocks away but good that they had one for Europe. It was much smaller than I expected to be but it was cheap and I thought it was work perfect for me. After that, I had to print out a few music sheets as preparation for Mallorca. As I was walking past a few shops a lady suddenly called me over. At first I asked if it was me she was calling out to or not. I then realized she was a Filipina. She was very friendly and accompanied me to look for a computer shop. She’s been living in Trikala for years now, and her 2 children have been working in Athens. She gave me her calling card and advised me to try and apply for jobs around. 

I got back to the hostel and found Dimitris cleaning up the place. I was really impressed because for a guy, he was really tidy. Well I guess if you own a hostel you should be, right? I sorted out my stuff for the last time before I headed out. I gave him the key and said goodbye. He shook my hand then kissed me on the cheeks. As he walked out the door, he said “Goodbye Jowe”. There was something with how he said my name. Couldn’t figure out what though. 

I quickly ran to the bus station coz the main one was half an hour away via shuttle. As I got to the main station, I found a guy smiling at me and remembered it was one of Dimitris’ friends who heard me play the other night. 

I found the bus to Thessaloniki and dozed off along the way. 

It was around 4ish in the afternoon when we arrived in Thessa. I went on a bus road trip, catching the wrong one, getting off the wrong stop and whatever. By the time I got on the last bus, I was so pissed off. But hey, I got to my accommodation in the end. 

I was able to catch up with the Hannah and Adele which was really good. We watched the sunset beside at the wharf while eating the last remains of a Greek dessert delicacy. We talked about a lot of stuff and I always found it easy to chat with them despite our massive age difference. As it got dark I had to say goodbye coz I had to wake up at 4:30 to get to the airport. I hugged them goodbye and went on my way back to the hostel.

No comments:

Post a Comment