Friday, September 13, 2013

Last night and morning in Cala D’Or

I cooked dinner on my last night. I picked up a few chicken to combine with Anne’s beef. It was more of stew that I prepared with the hope that Patty would try it out compared to the last dish I made. Adam was applying the last few touches in Petra’s room while Anne had to get her afternoon’s nap before she opened the pub. 

It was getting a little bit late by the time I finished cooking. Adam and I had some moments to chat away whilst he had his break and I cutting the veggies. I guess that was our last opportunity to really talk before I headed off. It was also the last night of the girls so he was just there to finish the painting, have dinner and shoot off for the evening’s events. 

Anne wasn’t awake and Patty wasn’t ready for dinner. Adam and I figured to eat ahead coz we were famished.We talked about a lot of stuff that night. I felt like I was on a limited time with him. I knew he was rushing off coz it was the last night of the girls and he had to go back to his place for a shower and meet up with them. I tried to tell him as much as I can about my experiences on the road. I wasn't sure if he absorbed it at all. I did remember though telling him "There's a season for a reason and there's a season for forever". I gave him a letter with a small gift, a token of appreciation for the moments I shared with him whilst on the island. Anne woke up after a while, refreshed from the afternoon nap. We went back on to the routine of opening the pub and me setting up for the night. 

Lee and his family passed by to say goodbye, and that was when he offered to pay me for the song Freein' My Mind if I sent the mp3 to him. He also shared his photography tips to me. He was really nice to talk to and open to discuss such technicalities. They stayed for a few songs and then said goodbye. 

Adam passed by to pick up the blue bag of bottles that the couple promised him. That was enough booze i guess for the last night of the girls. He hugged me goodbye and I remember he said "I think i'll see you again". he promised he'd write me, but all i could reply to that was "don't make promises you can't keep". 

The night was really quiet after Lee's family left. I didn't recall anybody else walking in. Anne had to leave around 10:30 to pick up Petra from the Airport. So it was just Patty and me left at the bar. I ended up the last set earlier than usual and asked Patty if I could just hang. He was fine with the idea. 

Anne arrived with Petra that night, around 45 minutes after midnight. I was so happy when she finished off my cooking, and even loved the flavours. Anne was raving about it to her. Petra was so lovely and easy to talk to. There was also a calming aura to her. They reminisced a lot about her trip with Anne years ago. They've been really good friends over the years. And even though they haven't kept in touch that much, they'd just pick it up from where they last saw each other. A good friendship indeed. 

Around 2 am Petra said her goodnight and Anne and I lingered for a while downstairs. our last early morning talking at the patio of Patsy Fagan's. I was sure I'd miss those moments. I'd say I still do. Before she went to her bedroom, I gave her a letter and a small token of appreciation too, for everything.. for all the conversations, guidance and laughs that we shared. I know I'd never forget those moments. She hugged me and we said goodnight.

---

I was supposed to leave at 9:30 am that morning but stayed for a little while to have breakfast with Anne and Petra. By 11:30 I was still there and Adam was surprised when he arrived for the day’s work. His reaction was, “What happened?”. I said, “Oh I just stayed for breakfast”. Patty woke up as well and had the same reaction.

It was quite difficult for me to say goodbye, although part of me said I had to go. Anne said a day ago that I was going too soon. Maybe. Maybe not. I felt like I lost my balance on things. And the calling to refocus was so intense. 

I said goodbye again to Patty and he smiled at me saying “I know you’ll be back”. He knew I didn’t have a bed for the night and always reminded me that I was welcome to come back if I still haven’t found a place to stay at the end of the day. Anne opened the gate and hugged me. She whispered, “If at any point in time that you feel like coming back while you’re in England….. remember, you’re always welcome to”. I nodded. I knew. She always saw the best in me and said there was sort of a healer in me. She also believed that I was on a higher Spiritual level. She wanted me to stay and help her start the Psychic Development Circle. I wasn’t sure if I was ready for that. I guess there were a lot of things I wasn’t sure of. Uncertainty has always been part of my trip and honestly, I was in a confused state as to what I really wanted in my life. Although, I noticed that the moment I knew I’d get attached to a place or person, all I’d feel strongly about was to run away. Besides, I was falling for someone on the island, and I knew had I stayed it would have just juggled my mind again. I’ve always told myself to stop myself from falling for someone whilst on this trip or else it’ll just spoil everything and unbalance my thoughts and emotions. Last thing I’d want to happen unless I knew for sure it was the same on the other end. On this case, I knew he wasn’t into me. 

Adam carried my Terra backpack and walked me to the car. I decided to rent a car for 2 days and explore the west side of the Island, and perhaps hike the mountains. We chatted for a while until we said our goodbyes. We both agreed that we didn’t really liked goodbyes but anyway He hugged me and I hopped in the car. Before I accelerated out of the corner, I waved at him from a distance and went on my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment