Monday, September 2, 2013

Last night in Bosnia

On my last night Charlotte, Cath and I went out for dinner and had a few drinks after that. We tried a local place which was suggested by one of their guides. Definitely not a restaurant style of eating but it was cheap and you had more options, though they served the food cafeteria style. 

After that we checked out a bar that was empty...only us and the staff there. So we said might as well try it out. After tasting our drinks, we understood why the bar was empty. The drinks didn't taste like it had a tinge of alcohol at all! hahaha. We were laughing our brains out!

So before we headed back on the road, we tried another pub just close by. There we had so many options of the different types of drinks. oh yeah. and oh boy the names! and I thought the screaming orgasm was catchy enough! haha. I was really happy to have had the chance to see the girls before I left Bosnia. They walked me back to the hostel as they usually did after the night. I believe we ended up chatting till around almost midnight. They wished me well with my travels and did mention that if I ever visited Ireland, that they'd be happy to have me over at their place. They were also scheduled to explore the northern part of Bosnia after I left. I'm sure they'd have loads of fun. It was always a good laugh hearing their stories on the road. :)

I got back at the hostel and found the night shift guy still awake. He just had his 27th birthday bash that day. Apparently he was waiting for me to open the can of beer I bought him from Dubrovnik. He wanted me stay up with him, chatting, till 3 am but I said I couldn't. 2 am was just about it. I really enjoyed talking to him, about the war and his adventures when he was a teenager. But I guess it kind of got too personal when he eventually questioned why I wasn't traveling with anyone and if I had a boyfriend. Around 2 am, I said goodnight. At 7, I got woken up too early by some noise downstairs, took the opportunity to collect my laundry as well coz I had to pack up anyway. He was up already and prepared me coffee. He's been really good and sweet. A chilled out guy with a chilled out attitude in life. Before going back to my room I hugged him and said our goodbyes coz he was finishing his shift and heading home soon. 

By early afternoon I was on the plane to Athens, Greece.

No comments:

Post a Comment