Friday, September 13, 2013

Decisions. Decisions.

So there were a few things that happened before September 10, the date when I was supposed to leave Europe and fly to Beijing.

Due to my negligence, I had to extend 2 weeks in Europe. So here I am at an internet cafe around Elephant & Castle, England... typing this entry. 

Usually I'd say some thing happen for a reason. However, this time, I can't think I can say that (unless something unfolds that I didn't expect). 

So Decisions. 

Having to utilize my paid tickets to China, I figured to rebook the departure date and work out my visa. The thing is, I've always said that if I wouldn't be able to go to Tibet (via China), then I wouldn't bother to explore China. 

So because of the dates that I wanted to explore Tibet, plus the fact that I didn't process my China visa in time... my dream of getting to Tibet (my ultimate destination on my bucket list) didn't pan out based on the tour groups I've contacted.

Then I thought, either stay in Europe for the next month or visit Vietnam. So yeah, decisions decisions. 

But then looking at the airfare prices, I decided I had to work out my China visa so I could get to Asia. Else, I'd be paying almost a thousand worth of a 1-way ticket out of Europe to anywhere in Asia(that's in NZD). Last thing I'd want is to spend too much. 

And so... I decided to go to China embassy early this week and sort it out. 

In hindsight, I think everything is sort of working out. 

So I have another week in England. Instead of staying here, I decided to book a flight to Rome.

I think spending my last week in Europe around Rome would be a great way to end it. 

And who knows, maybe surprises are on its way ;) as it always does On The Road! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment