Sunday, May 26, 2013

Stinkin' in the Greyhound

I've never experienced staying on a bus for more than 2 days. Yeah, so when I said on the title "stinkin'", that was the reality. I felt deprived of a hot shower. But hey, it was the cheapest way, from Winnipeg to Toronto. So, on a Friday evening, I boarded the Greyhound bus. Bill (from Winnipeg Guest Hostel), dropped me off, hugged me goodbye and wished me well.

Back on the road. For some reason, I felt like I got attached to Manitoba. But that's always the case when you give a place a chance...i.e., staying for a while and not just passing by.

 We passed through so many towns along the way. Stops were usually at Tim Hurton's where a "double-double" was the usual order from the guys in the bus. Majority of the guys would often go down during breaks, and have their smoke session. I'd just go down for the loo, get maybe a small snack and watch them from the window.

 Sleeping on a bus isn't the most comfortable thing to do. I guess the train situation has always been better. My stiff neck was getting stiffer than expected. And the conversations from the front row seat seemed to be loud… I heard the whole thing. But, can't blame the guy, he just had the next town to go to, so he had to get his eyes open. My eyes were struggling. Oh well.

 As long as I'd get to Toronto, then I'd be fine :D

No comments:

Post a Comment