Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Back in the big city > Toronto

Arriving from Newfoundland and walking the streets of Toronto was a weird feeling. The massive buildings, the busy streets, the gray and serious faces of corporate people passing by, the crazy road constructions.... all of these quickly snapped me back to reality. Newfoundland had the island feel to it, safe from the hustle and bustle of such big cities...where simple living was the idea of the typical daily lifestyle. 

Anyway, I found my way back to Canadiana and checked in. I'd highly recommend this hostel in Toronto. It's centrally located and just  few minutes walk from Osgoode station. It's at 42 Widmer Street and in close proximity to Chinatown. They offer free breakfast too:) . I got my keys to the room and quickly collected my other bag from the storage room.

Claire, from Ireland, was lazily on her bed when I got in. She's just been in Canada for a week, starting her trip in Toronto. On a 2-year working holiday visa, she'll be looking for jobs around and explore the country. We had a few giggles and chats. That was good. 

The whole night for me was just reading about some countries I'm thinking of visiting in Europe. The research was stressing me out. Plus, I revisited my budget and it just increased my stress levels. That was it. I needed a shut eye. 

The following day I met the other girl, Nadin, from Germany. It was a refreshing feeling talking to her. She carried this positive and happy energy around her. We ended up chatting the morning away which was a perfect break for me since I woke up at 7 am and started writing my blog.

Since there were still leftovers from breakfast, we decided to sneak out some pancakes before they got thrown out. at least that saved us from spending. 

The rest of the afternoon I finished the rest of my blog and decided to go down to have some real food to eat. I was famished. So I headed back to the Vietnamese place where they had cheap but yummy meals... made my tummy happy. 

I got back to the hostel and found Nadin in the corner. She was waiting for her train to Vancouver, leaving 10 pm. The rest of the afternoon and evening...we were just chatting and laughing.... like this 2 silly girls. It was so easy to talk to her and we just clicked right away. We made sure to exchange details and had pinky swears in the louge. Okay, Nadin if you're reading this.... you'd better remember the pinky swear or else!!! :P

Around 8:45 pm I walked her to the door and hugged her goodbye, wishing her safe travels. 

Back in the room I met Vicky from London who was so friendly to see me through my repacking dramas. hahaha. 

I slept at around midnight. 5 hours to sleep before I have to wake up and walk to Union Station to catch the via Rail to Montreal. Woot! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment