Thursday, June 6, 2013

Ca va Ca va Montreal

It was my first time on the via Rail. ANd definitely, traveling on the train is so much better than the greyhound. good thing i purchased tickets well in advance so the price was a good deal of $80 CAD return Toronto<>Montreal.

At first I wasn't plannning to go to Montreal, but thought, what the heck. just do it. I wasn't sure what to expect, but definitely beautiful architecture and lots of history. About my french? well, i only knew a few words and that was it. :D

It was a funny feeling getting off at the Central Station. The signs were confusing my brain and for a while I had to fixate on the letters. I eventually found myself in HI-Montreal at Rue Macckay.

I got there and a girl on top of my bunk was lazily snuggles under the sheets at 2pm. Her name was Kirsty, from England. Very bubbly and lots of personality, she's on a world trip and just started a few weeks ago.

I booked a 10-bed female dorm, the cheapest I can get. So I was expecting a few more coming. I kinda lazed around as well since I just arrived. Unpacked my stuff and kind of worked out the map until I snoozed.

When I woke up, a few more girls arrived. Kate from England, Suz from Germany and Rachel from England too.

After some time Suz, Kirsty and I went to the grocery store to get us food for the next few days. Suz and I decided to grab some cheap pasta to save up.

That night the girls and I decided to check out the night scene, it was also Kirsty's last night in Montreal. Ended up at the Madhatter instead of the Brutopia which was a little bit busy for the night. We only had 1 drink and headed back to the hostel. We were all tired for the day anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment