Saturday, June 29, 2013

Last night/day @ Alf’s

I spent another day & night at Alfs, resting for a while, sorting out a few things and repacking my stuff. We slept in the whole Thursday since we arrived in London around midnight. I was so lazy to go out and mail the Fes, so we just decided to call it a lazy day , and just hang out in the apartment. We checked out a few songs in the series of Nashville, which Alf introduced to me. And I also played her my new songs.

Around 6 pm, Darko was back home. Alf and I prepared dinner, and we had fish for the evening..which was YUM to the MAX. Alf prepared a fish curry which was superbly done. Loved the mix of spices. She also has us use the new bowls from Morocco.

The following day was Alf’s interview and I finished my packing. Darko decided to come along with me, worried that I had too much stuff. He was working from home on that Friday, but it was so gentleman of him to accompany me to the train station. It was hilarious when he took a few photos of me, saying “JOwe, I’ve never seen someone do this like you do”. I think at that point he was thinking I was silly. He did affirm the thought though. On our way to the station, we stopped by the post office and I just had to do my last errands of sending the Fes with a few of my stuffs. It was part of my so-called “downsizing”.

We met up Alf and 3 of us had lunch together. By 1-ish pm, I hugged them goodbye. Alf stayed for a few minutes to make sure I bought the right ticket to Eastbourne. She hugged me goodbye after and then I was well on my way to the next destination.

The route: Hammersmith > Victoria – get off and transfer to the Southern line railway > Hampden Park
Always remember to check what carriage number goes to Hampden Park, or else you might end up in a different town.

No comments:

Post a Comment