Thursday, June 6, 2013

Poutine + Mont-Royal + Thunderstorms

Suz, Rachel & Me
having Pork Poutine
Another day in Montreal, us girls went down and prepared ourselves the free pancake breakfast. I've never tried it before so Suz showed me how to do it and mix the powder with water, checking if it's the proper thickness. My first few attempts in cooking didn't work out, so I left it to the girls for a while.
It was so cute how we felt like we were flatmates, prepping up food at the same time and just hanging out. The chemistry was really good and it was so easy to decide on things. I like it that way, almost the same wavelength.
Rachel was looking for a flat, so was scheduled to check out a place that afternoon. Suz and I were on a lazy mode of a day so just stayed in the bedroom. She read her book and I snoozed. It was really funny coz I think I snoozed for 2 hours. I've been really tired the past few days so it was a good time to rest after all the walking the day before.
Around 2 or 3 pm Rachel was back in the hostel and was laughing at us coz we looked so silly still to be found attached to our beds. After some time we decided to go out and have Poutine for lunch after going with Rachel to check out the price for the nose piercing.
 
We were like pregnant ladies having a hard time carrying our bellies, after that poutine meal. Most definitely we were so full with meal, and considering it was just a regular size. It had fries, gravy, pork and of course....cheese. :) woot woot! :)
We went back to the hostel and dropped of a few stuff then head out to Mont-Royal and catch the sunset. Oh yes, another sunset. :D But when we checked the weather...thunderstorms were in the forecast. Okay, whatever. We decided to still going up.
The walk took us 45-mintues from the hostel. It was a fair walk but all good. It was still humid but I could smell the rain coming soon. We stood there at the vantage point, and a lot of people had the same idea too. The girls had froggy and doggy stuffed toys with them. Their companions in their travels. The girls were so cute making poses with their toys... I felt left out with nothing with me hahaha. But yeah, at my age.. I think it's just appropriate I don't have one.
We decided to walk up further to the Creux. It wasn't that spectacular, I don't really know why they had it there though. We didn't hang out too long coz thunder and lightning started coming up. We started sprinting down the hill. It was crazy coz the rain started pouring down and we were drenched wet. We held our hands together tight and braved the rain till we got to the hostel. Cold, wet and tired...we still managed to ask the front desk to take a photo of us! :) Such a memorable night!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment