Thursday, June 6, 2013

Open Mic Night @ Brutopia, Montreal

I got back to the hostel after an evening with Martika. The girls were waiting for me and I felt bad coz I said I'd be there around 9:30 pm. I ended up arriving around 10:10 pm.
 
There were still up and Rachel was still keen to go and check out the open mic at Brutopia. Suz was able to drag herself along too, though I knew she was already wanting to sleep.
 
But the girls were really nice to come along and spend my last night in Montreal with me at the open mic. We got there a little bit late and so I got myself listed as #18. A lot of the musicians who played earlier were fabulous. However, there's a musician I'd like to fully and 100% have my hands up for.. that would be worth mentioning is one of the members of Street Meat , one of the local bands in Montreal. He didn't have his band members with him that night but it was so cool hearing him but most especially watching him play that bass. Man, that was my first time to watch a musician slam it like that! He actually looked like Leonardo DiCaprio.. Cute! <wink>
I was the second to the last one to perform. I was about to chicken out on it but I was glad to have done it most especially with the girls there. As per request of Rachel, I played my new song "Freein' My Mind", the one I composed about my Canada trip. It wasn't fully done yet, but yeah, I guess I just tweaked it to sound like it was. I got good feedback from Mike, the organizer...
 
Back at the hostel, I said goodnight to the girls, and hugged them goodbye too. My bus the following day for Mont-Tremblant was leaving at 7:30. So I had to wake up early.. I'd say..Montreal I would have found boring if it wasn't for them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment