Thursday, June 6, 2013

Mont-Tremblant Quebec

hotels and buildings
 I got on the bus to Mont-Tremblant, further up north 2 hours away from Montreal. It's a well known skiing resort in the Laurentian mountain ranges of Quebec. I think it was the perfect time for me to escape the city scapes and find a place where I can have solitude even just for 2 days. I felt bad leaving the girls, but this was something I had to do. Finish the song, record it and contemplate on the past months of traveling around Canada.
 
I met a guy by the name of Mike.. from England. He was just there for a day, to get away too from the city and try to hike the summit of Mont-Tremblant. He was also training for his October trip to Kathmandu. Definitely young, fit and full of energy.
 
Upon arriving at the hostel, I bumped into Stephen, a guy from Germany who was also in the HI Montreal a few days ago. He pointed at me and said yeah he saw me there. I didn't even recognize him before. But yeah it was good to know there were at least a few other people in the hostel.
 
Mike and I ended up hiking up the summit of Mont-Tremblant.  After 2 full on hours of hiking, my thighs were aching but I was all pumped up, as I didn't want to have him waiting for me. At the point where the hike was steep, I felt dizzy to my head. I was cursing myself and reminding my body never to hike that intense if I've had only 3 hours of sleep. eek!
It was a good feeling when we got to the summit. It was windy and chilly..but the views were stunning. The sun's rays were shimmering through the gray clouds... all over the Laurentians range... amazing. Always, when its a difficult way up... it's that feeling when you get up there that makes it so much worth it. Along the way, we met Amin, a guy from Iran who's been living in Quebec for 2 years now..taking up Masters for his Mechanical degree. awesome stuff .. :)
 
Mike and I walked back to the hostel... so tired..then cooked dinner together and just crashed for a while. Whole body achin and my eyes were just shutting down. I said goodnight after him drinking his 3rd cup of tea for the night. I had a shower and went straight to bed. It was so weird to be dreaming about someone I met a few weeks ago ... eek... hmmmmmm < I wonder>
 
The following day my body was sore. I took out my Katinko and applied some on my legs which felt so stiff. The people were up already when I got to the kitchen. Charlotte and Stephen, from Germany were there. and Mike was having his usual tea session, prepping up for his 10:15 am bus. He decided he was going back to Montreal earlier.
 
I decided to walk around the Chemin Village for a while, then headed back to the hostel. There I had a chat with the guys from Germany. It was a chill out day until we got to the deck and hang out there for a while... till they had to go for Montreal. There we met a local guy who was a chef in the big hotel. Originally from Casablanca, Morocco, he was so fun to talk to. We just chilled on the deck by the river, talking about stuff. I LOVE small towns definitely! :)
 
We headed back to the hostel after half an hour and I decided to have an early dinner. After a while played pool with another hostel guest who was from New York. Then got beaten bu the guy from Morocco. Eek!!! He was good! :)
 
On my last day in Mont-Tremblant, I decided to finally record my new song. and I think the perfect spot was right beside the lake. So I borrowed the guitar and sat down on the deck. The sun was shining perfectly on the whole village, the breeze was cool, the birds were chipping..and there.... was the culmination of the song whilst I reminisced the adventures and people I shared the road with. :)
 
Then a German guy came, splashed into the cold water, asking me to join him but nope... no cold waters for me. We were supposed to go canoeing, he was true to his promise which was good. But I had to catch the bus to Montreal. He went back to the hostel for breakfast, and I opted to laze around on the deck with the sun touching my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment