Friday, November 29, 2013

Catchup with Becky

with Becks
Becky was my seatmate and buddy when I joined the Moose tour back in Canada. The trip started from Vancouver all the way to Jasper National Park. And that's how it all started. 

Becky was on her first North America trip from London. Graduating with a degree of Psychology, she was then exploring the world on her own, something she was a little bit anxious about. I understood how she felt. We agreed it was more of who you would be meeting and sharing the experience with that seems to be scary at some point. 

She was back in England by the time I was on my way to London. Good timing coz she was on her way to London visiting friends and family. So we decided to catch up right after I got off the plane from Rome. 

It was really great seeing her again. We couldn't stop reminiscing about the Moose trip and of course I got updated with all of the goss after I left the group. They all found their way back to Vancouver why I opted to be dropped off at Jasper as I was well on my way to Edmonton after. 

She's found a job back at her hometown and would be soon seeing Flor in Amsterdam. Flor was another great gal we met on the Moose tour. 

I gave her a book I was reading. It was written by an English bloke entitled "An Idiot around the World Part II". It was hilarious, and that was my company whilst on my trip in Rome. I opted for something to do with travel, not too heavy and also inspiring at the end. She was flustered when I gave it to her, telling her that after she finishes it, she can pass it on to someone else she might deem worthy. 

After 2 hours I hugged her as she knew I had to rush along and go to my cousins place. We knew we would still see each other again somewhere somehow. It was a great feeling to be catching up with the people I've met earlier on this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment