Friday, November 29, 2013

My Last Day in Rome

On my last day in Rome I decided to take it easy. There was one last place I wanted to see, San Lorenzo. Why? well, I wanted to see Contemporary art, something to break the oldish Roman art that filled almost the whole city. San Lorenzo was actually a happening place, filled with a lively night scene, restaurants, pubs and cafes. But I wasn't there to eat out nor drink out. I was there for the street art scene. As I walked around I couldn't stop fixating my eyes on a stretch of wall with art painted all over.

These were all artworks created by the various contemporary artists of Rome.  The main name always mentioned in blogs and articles is Hogre. He seemed to have had a big impact on the history of street art around Rome. But of all the paintings, I adored those by Alice Pasquini a visual artist from Rome who's an illustrator, set designer and painter. She graduated from Rome's Academy of Fine Arts and has shared her artwork around the globe.

No comments:

Post a Comment