Sunday, December 1, 2013

BPI Awards Europe 2013 & My Last Night in Europe

It was my last 2 nights in London and also staying at Ate Desiree's place. I had mixed emotions with ending my Europe trip. But I knew it was always part of this trip..Moving on to the next chapter, next adventure, new horizons. Asia was the next and last stop, or so I thought. 

I passed by a Chinese take away shop and called up Ate Des to tell her that I was buying us dinner. When I got home Kuya Ray and Ate Weng were at home. The feeling of seeing them again and going back to the apartment was , in a way, as if going back "home". 

We prepared the center table and all sat down to eat dinner. Ate Des arrived after a few minutes. It was so cute, as we told each other updates while I was in Rome. And then, the news. I was included in the list of invitee for Kuya Ray's awards night. 

Now Kuya Ray was one of the Chemist who's been part of major projects in the Power companies of England. This has been well acknowledged, thus, his being an awardee of the first ever BPI Awards Europe. 

The dilemma. I didn't have a dress, I didn't have heels and I didn't have bling. Great. I said I was fine not joining them. But of course they said I was already added to the list. So it was a must.

So all night all we could do was to scavenge through the drawers of clothes that Ate Weng and Ate Dez had and find something that would fit me. It was hilarious to be honest :). Anyway, I ended up deciding to wear a long dress from Ate Weng, use Ate Dez's high heels and bling bling was provided by Ate Weng as well. All ready to go!

The day of reckoning came and we were all busy putting on makeup.
Ate Weng looked really lovely and had contact lenses on. Ate Dez was also looking pretty. Kuya Ray was looking formal, the awardee of the night. We were collected by the cab driver around 6ish in the evening. We were well on our way to the Millennium. :)

I had my camera with me. Ate Des took care of the video coverage and I was on that ask of taking photos of the evening. I was more than happy to do that, another photo opportunity for me in a different setting. Kuya Ray (Reynaldo Lachica) was the first awarded that night, the first and only Filipino chartered chemist and scientist in the UK. The second awardee was Junix Inocian, well known in the Batibot child program when were kids, but most especially for being one of the cast in Miss Saigon the musical.

It was a splendid night and we all had fun. It was also my last night in London, that goes without saying..Europe.


No comments:

Post a Comment