Sunday, January 5, 2014

Homeward Bound

The last part of the journey of this Nomad was supposed to end in my home town, the Philippines. Later on you'll understand why I used the term "supposed to".

It's been 5 years since I last visited the Philippines. I know, it's been a while. Mom and Dad would usually come over to New Zealand to spend the Christmas holidays with us. The only time that I was alone was back when I was still living in Sydney. 

It was mixed feelings for me when I got on the plane. I was looking forward to seeing my family. After so many months on the road, the emotion of just being surrounded by people I knew seemed to call out more than ever. It was great meeting so many people around the world, but nothing can beat the loving comfortable feeling of family and friends.

After almost 8 months on the road... I finally landed in Manila.

Touchdown... it was time to revisit my roots.... my hometown.....

I knew this visit was going to be different....

No comments:

Post a Comment