Monday, January 6, 2014

Family

It was great to be back at our house in Project 8. I was there 5 years ago, for New Year's Eve. 

I had an overlap with Ate Jojo and John, who was there for a 2-week vacation. It was great to see the Dad and Mom, all chirpy and happy, obviously no traces of stress due to our absence. However, we all knew they missed us dearly. 

Nothing much has changed with the house, except for the cameras... lol. Crazy cameras abound the different corners of the house. Can't blame Dad of his paranoia. A few years back a burglar was brave and skillful enough to go up the third floor, enter my room and cause chaos throwing stuff around trying to find a treasure of gold. Unfortunately for him, Mom woke up early and went upstairs. They never did catch the burglar, but that was enough for Dad to add more surveillance to the property. Apparently, theft and crime has increased the past years we haven't been in Manila. Now, it's been crazy. Not that I'm saying it hasn't been crazy back then. 

Of course, it goes without saying that food and feasting, not to mention sleeping right after, has been the routine for the days that we were there. Gaining weight exponentially didn't seem to be a problem at all. Mom was always on the go with buying stuff and before we knew it, there were trays of food and meriendas served to the third floor. Some things never change. But that was Home. 

Family, no matter what, no matter who are, will always be there for you. This has been proven through the years with mine. There's no such thing as a perfect family anyway. In any relationship, it goes without saying that Acceptance is the key, and what goes with that is Love to sugar coat it with caring, because that's what naturally happens. 

We had some karaoke nights in and out of the house. But majority of the times, singing before and after dinner was the fave time slot of Dad. He'd just smile and quickly steal a few songs before we had our meal. Him and John would usually have a blast and even compare scores. Mom, Ate Jojo and I would just laugh. Good Times. 

It was also great seeing the bunch, Ate Beth, Ate Rose, Ate Cindy and Ate Wendy, with the addition of Kuya Charlie and Tata. The girls were the original bunch who helped Mom with the sewing business. It was so cute seeing them together, as if nothing changed, except for our ages. But still, it was part of "going home", having them there. 

There were times when we would teach Tata for her homework. Dad and Mom has been sending her to school. She's been really shy, but with a little bit of prodding, she could get out of her shell and be more outgoing. 

I had a few moments with my parents at times. When they'd ask me what direction I'm planning to take after I've completed this trip. Well, obviously from my point of view, everything was a little bit hazy still. I was applying for jobs, but I was still waiting for the right one. Rejections were coming so fast, more because of visa sponsorship in Europe. But it all just told me one thing...it wasn't meant to be "yet" maybe? 

I knew they wished me well, reminding me that I wasn't getting any younger. I slowly got used to the topic that I need to settle down, find me a man, get a house, have babies and just....Settle Down. Had it been in my control, maybe that would have happened...but you see...things like these only happen at the right time and place. As for me, I might have not stepped into the zone yet. Again, out of my control. 

No comments:

Post a Comment