Thursday, August 29, 2013

Hangin' with Larisa

The couple from Turkey left the following day and I just lingered around coz the festival was starting soon.
I wanted to start blogging again but I was just too lazy to do so. 

photo from Larisa
That day was when I met Larisa from Romania. She was my new roomie. I was so glad that it wasn't a couple, coz I requested if they could avoid having one in my room just in case the heat of the moment would get the better of them. The girl at reception told me I had a new roomie so I went up and was hoping for a fun person I can hang out with. 

Larisa was very matured for her age, and we clicked so quick. I felt like she was on old soul, in every good sense of the word. We agreed we were going for a day's swim and just hang out. She had her rolls and other epektus. We just laughed when she showed me. She was a lovely girl with a soft aura around her.

I headed for the shops and explored the town itself. I haven't really had a chance to walk around. After some time I decided to buy myself a decent blouse, color yellow this time. Something summery I figured. It took a lot for me to say yes and spend. Lake Bled wasn't really the cheapest place you can be around in Slovenia. 

Around late afternoon I went back to the hostel and met up with Larisa. After walking a little bit away from the hostel, we found a spot beside a tree and bench. There we went for a swim. It was her first day there and was loving the lake already. I told her about my past few days and told her that I've been swimming every day, loving it to the max. Although I did tell her that I didn't really get along with the girls in the hostel coz they weren't friendly at all. She also found it daunting coz she was trying to smile at them but never got a response back. We shrugged and told each other it didn't matter anymore.

We went in and out the water, between smokes, and also talking. A couple was also beside us, talking about Lake Bled. We sort of listened to the couple, I know eavesdropping is not nice, but well, the proximity was enough reason for us. 

Later on, I learned a lot about Larisa. She's into acting and theatre/film. Her looks really fitted the stage, and her Romanina blood were really apparent on her looks. She told me about stuff she and her mother would talk about. It was really good that they had a good relationship going on, mother and daughter. They could talk about anything. I also learned about her trip and the route she was taking....the journey of love. I listened intently on the love story and how they stared at each other's eyes. She was bound for France. I smiled and was so happy for her journey, wishing it'll all work out for her. 

We decided to look for dinner around 8 in the evening. She was vegetarian so we had to look for something that suited her appetite. We found a pizza place and decided to have a beer there too. We watched the sunset until we were done and decided to go back to the hostel, get some more beers and go for a night swim.

By the time we got back, the place was already loud with the other teenagers ready for a long night of boozing. I admired the 2 Dutch guys I met earlier who didn't even mingle with them, they were more fit and into activities. Good on them.We went up our room, looking for something to warm us up..just to find that we had 2 other roomies. 2 guys from the US were under the sheets snoozing already by 10 pm. The other one was friendly enough to say that we could turn on the light. We were fine though. They were only there for a night, so that was good. haha. 

We went out and went back to the spot where we went out for a swim that afternoon. There we made a pinky swear.....that of which I wouldn't note down here....but I do hope that I'd live up to it. As I write this today, and looking at Lars photos, I know that she had actually lived up to the swear. as for me, I still find i'm lost, so i'll leave it there for a while until the right time and right place finds me. It always does. I believe. and forever I will hold on to that thought. 

After an hour we were pestered by 2 teenage Dutch girls pretending that they were drunk, holding on to a bottle of wine. Lar and I just looked at each other and found the scene so pathetic. They thought they were looking cool, but , faking drunkenness is so uncool. They asked for a ciggie so Lar offered them one. They stayed for a while and asked so many questions. Later on, took photos and was about to ask for our facebook accounts, but we opted not to be added. After some time they noticed we weren't having fun anymore, and said goodbye. 

The moon was slowly fading through the clouds and we just kept quiet. After a while, continued on talking about stuff and life. The chill of the night made us decide not to go for a swim anymore. 

We headed back to the hostel and called it a night. I told Lar I was going to explore Ljubljana the following day, after all of the cool and positive things she's told me. I said goodnight and slowly faded to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment