Friday, August 16, 2013

Back on the Road

I had the alarm set to 5 am… as expected, I woke up Shelly. I quickly shuffled through my stuff and said goodbye to him quietly. Breakfast was served, so I just had a quick cereal, left Mel and Will a note, slipped it in the fretboard of the ukulele, then shoot off. 

The shuttle was right in time, 6:15 am. I quickly boarded before the rain decided to drop as early as. I arrived at the main bus terminal around 6:30 am and talked to the guy standing beside one of the buses. The ticket office wasn’t open yet, but I was confident I’d get a ticket anyway. After talking to the guy, I got a little bit confused coz he said I could only get tickets if I booked it online. The guy next to him looked at me, acknowledging that I was a little bit lost. He then explained to me that their bus company was the only one who required online booking. Whew!

Around 7, the bus bound for Krakow arrived. I bought a ticket from the bus driver and quickly grabbed the 1st row seat so I could get a good view. I was so glad to get wifi on the bus. The sun was already up by the time I we were all set for Krakow. I stared out and looked at the landscape. I didn’t really want to go, I felt like staying in Zakopane, where it was more of a local feel, surrounded with the mountains, and a hostel that had the perfect ambiance I was looking for. Part of me was anxious too coz I found myself looking for hostels that had the same look or feel, but I realized, I had to move on. I was supposed to arrive in Vienna on the evening of the 12th coz that was Lieven’s last night. 

I arrived in Krakow around 9 am. Mr.G suggested for me to go to the square and listen to the 5-note hymn that was played at the cathedral 4x in a day. It was special to Krakow. By the time I got off the bus and walked through the station then through the mall, the rain was pouring. I waited for the guy at the luggage storage but he never showed up. I planned to leave my backpack and go back to the square. But with the heavy rain and backpack, I decided to stay back. After an hour, I was bound for Wien (Vienna).

No comments:

Post a Comment