Friday, October 4, 2013

Hi and Goodbye to Mel

I messaged Will and Mel when I got to Edinburgh, telling them that I just arrived in their top1 place in Europe. Then I got a message from Will that apparently, Mel was back in the zone.

That's when I learned from Mel that it was her last 2 days in Edinburgh. And catching up was a must! It would have been great having Will there too, a Zakopane reunion would have been lovely. 

I went to the place where Mel was working and met her friends. It was her farewell party that night and the plan was to have a bbq somewhere in the park. That was the plan. It sounded like a plan. But we ended up doing something else. All in all though it was so nice seeing her again. We didn't get to talk that much because there were a few more who joined in, the friends she had since she lived in Edinburgh for a year. 

We had some chips with us and a few beers to share around. We made a circle in the park and chatted away through the late afternoon until the sky turned into the lovely color of red, sun setting in the background. A few friends of Mel arrived and I decided to call it a night, passing by a pub to check out the open mic as well. I hugged goodbye to Mel and told her that we'd meet again once I'm back in New Zealand.

No comments:

Post a Comment