Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Red soil

on the way to Mungo Natl Park
There's something with red soil/dirt that I find attractive. It may be the roughness and the vast spread of its particles that amazes me, as if boundless, limitless.. stretching far and wide. 

Ever since I started traveling I had a realization that vast space always seemed to make me smile. Seeing the horizon from afar always triggered the excitement in me, not knowing what was at the end.... 

I've been living in Melbourne for the past 7 months and as I ended that stint, I decided to go on a road trip to Mungo National Park... yes... alone, what's new. I guess the way I see things is, "Why wait for someone to accompany me if I can do it myself?". Yup, I can be anxious at times, but you see, this wasn't everyone's cup of tea. 

After the buzz in Melbourne, it was the silence in the outback that made me more relaxed. Not a soul on the road, just red, blue and a few wallabies hopping around and Emus giving me the curious look. 

I know I've jumped from old posts to this latest one, being my most recent adventure. But I know I'd need to write this down before I forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment